[ncl-talk] gfortran not consistent with the version of NCAR Graphics

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Fri Apr 1 05:55:06 MDT 2022

Please check.  I think you will find that ncargf90 is not a binary, but
rather it is an executable shell script which is editable by any text
editor.  Perhaps there is a file permission problem.

On my computer, ncargf90 was installed by Macports, not conda.  But it
should be approximately the same code.  Diagnostic commands give these
results.  Do you get something similar on your system?

1> where ncargf90
/opt/local/bin/ncargf90

 2> file /opt/local/bin/ncargf90
/opt/local/bin/ncargf90: C shell script text executable, ASCII text

3> ls -go /opt/local/bin/ncargf90
-rwxr-xr-x  1   4871 Jan 27 21:04 /opt/local/bin/ncargf90