[ncl-talk] Extract point value + WRF model output

Setareh Rahimi setareh.rahimi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 14:15:05 MDT 2021

Dear all,
Regarding my question, I tried below codes to extract point values.But I
noticed there is no associated coordinate variable for latitude( have look
at the attached image).

begin
a = addfile("wrfout_d03_2021-01-27_00:00:00","r")
lat = a->XLAT
printVarSummary(lat)
t = a->T2(:,{35.6},{51})      ;T2 refers to temperature at 2m
printVarSummary(t)
asciiwrite("outfile.txt",t)
end

Therefore I can not choose my desire lat/lon to extract point value for a
specific variable.
May I ask you please to advise me on how to sort this issue out?
Many thanks in advance,
Best wishes

--
S.Rahimi