[ncl-talk] NCL function wrf_user_getvar

Israt Jahan israt.jahan at uconn.edu
Thu Nov 25 10:27:26 MST 2021

Hello,
It would be much appreciated if someone could shed some light on this. Does
wrf_user_getvar(NCDF_File,"z",0) measure z from ground level or sea level?
I need to find temperature at 1000 m above ground level. I am doing the
following:
1. ht=wrf_user_getvar(NCDF_File,"z",0) ;
where NCDF_File is a list of WRF netCDF files
2. tk=wrf_user_getvar(NCDF_File,"tk",0)  ;get temperature in K
2. temp_1km=wrf_user_interp_level(tk,ht,1000,0) ;
get temperature at 1 km above ground level
Is my approach correct?
Best,
Israt

--