[ncl-talk] eta level to height conversion

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 16 10:05:35 MST 2021

This may be more appropriate for a WRF help forum.
****Maybe***** ....

ZM = (PH+PHB)/9.8 - HGT    ; (m)
PH(Time, bottom_top_stag, south_north, west_east)   ;  perturbation
geopotential" ; (m2 s-2)
PHB(Time, bottom_top_stag, south_north, west_east) ; base-state
geopotential; (m2 s-2)
HGT(Time, south_north, west_east)                              ;   Terrain
Height (m)

General eta information:
*https://glossary.ametsoc.org/wiki/Eta_vertical_coordinate*
<https://glossary.ametsoc.org/wiki/Eta_vertical_coordinate>
*https://collaboration.cmc.ec.gc.ca/cmc/cmoi/product_guide/docs/eta_info_doc_e.html*
<https://collaboration.cmc.ec.gc.ca/cmc/cmoi/product_guide/docs/eta_info_doc_e.html>

WRF Model V4:
* A Description of the  Advanced Research WRF Model Version 4
<https://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs/technote/v4_technote.pdf>*

WRF Support  (not NCL specific)
*  https://forum.mmm.ucar.edu/phpBB3/* <https://forum.mmm.ucar.edu/phpBB3/>