[ncl-talk] zonal_mpsi

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Fri May 21 10:54:42 MDT 2021

True:  "Surface pressure is not always 10,000pa."

However, if surface pressure is not on the file,  I am not sure what can be
done.
Perhaps, you have other information which might allow you to estimate the
surface pressure.
==========

Failing that, using p0=10000 is a backup.

Remember, the function requires top=to=bottom ordering.
===

   dimv = dimsizes(v)

; v(time,level, lat,lon)   ... 4D

   ntim = dimv(0)
   nlev = dimv(1)
   nlat  = dimv(2)
   mlon = dimv(3)

    p0 = 10000.0
    psfc = comform_dims(p0, (/ntim,nlat,mlon/))   ;  psfc(ntim,nlat,mlon)
one less dimension than 'v'
================

; v(level, lat,lon)   ... 3D

   nlev = dimv(0)
   nlat  = dimv(1)
   mlon = dimv(2)

    p0 = 10000.0
    psfc = comform_dims(p0, (/nlat,mlon/))   ; psfc(nlat,mlon) one less
dimension than 'v'
==

    zmpsi = *zonal_mpsi*(v,p,psfc)

    ; Use *zonal_mpsi_Wrap*