[ncl-talk] equal area to latlon grid

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Wed May 12 20:20:48 MDT 2021

If you have the lat/lon of the equal area grid points, NCL can convert via
numerous interpolation function.
However, just a size of 41252 is not enough information. NCL does not have
a function to generate the lat/lon of an equal area grid.

[lat2d,lon2d] = EqualAreaSize2GridLocations(N)   ; N=41252
--
One ISCCP Graphics example:
*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/isccp.shtml*