[ncl-talk] Import shapefile into NCL 6.2

G.Monte at isac.cnr.it G.Monte at isac.cnr.it
Thu Mar 25 10:49:03 MDT 2021

Dear NCL users,

I would like to import a shapefile into my NCL code, in order to have the
regional (and possibly provincial) suddivision of Italy.

First, I tried with the KMZ level-2 "gadm36_ITA_2.kmz" available in
www.gadm.org. Once I imported this file into my code, set lnres=True with
its options and typed:

id = gsn_add_shapefile_polylines(wks,map,"gadm36_ITA_2.kmz",lnres)

I get this error message:

warning:_NclOpenFile: Can not open file <gadm36_ITA_2.kmz>; file format
not supported or file is corrupted
warning:isfilevar: undefined file returning missing value

What does it mean properly? It's the first time I have ever tried this, so
I could get wrong easily.

Thanks in advance,
Giulio Monte