[ncl-talk] Error when using center_finite_diff_n

Lyndz olagueralyndonmark429 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 10:34:12 MST 2021

Dear. NCL-experts,

I want to get the dV/dx and dU/dy when calculating the relative vorticity.

I tried using the *center_finite_diff_n* but encountered this error:

*fatal:center_finite_diff_n: r must either be a scalar, a 1D array the same
length as the dim-th dimemsion of q, or the same size as q*

*fatal:["Execute.c":8637]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 39 in
file orig_vort.ncl*

Attached file is the script that I am using.

The input file has the following dimension:

*Dimensions and sizes: [time | 4] x [lat | 73] x [lon | 144]*

I am using the lat and lon for dY and dX, respectively.

I'll appreciate any help on this matter.

Sincerely,
Lyndz