[ncl-talk] stat_despersion

Buzan, Jonathan jbuzan at purdue.edu
Tue Jun 29 09:23:15 MDT 2021

Hello,

I’ve used that function a bunch. If you only want 10th and 90th percentile, you’ll want to use:

qsort
Which will sort your data within a single grid cell from lowest to highest.

And then grab the specific lines of code for 10th and 90th percentiles from the stat_dispersion function in:
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl

If you look at the function, you’ll see that it uses qsort, then goes step by step through calculating all the different applications.

Cheers,
-Jonathan