[ncl-talk] Temperature Advection Script Error

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 20 15:03:48 MDT 2021

Hi Jackson,

Well, those are obviously of three different sizes. The docs for advect_var
iable state they must be the same. (BTW: where did advect_var come from --
I don't see documentation for it, but it's there in the csm/contributed.ncl
script???)

I'm a bit surprised the 3 variables are different. I'm not very
knowledgeable about WRF files, but I would have thought that at least U & V
would be the same. I'm not sure what to suggest here, short of regridding
(which sounds like a lot of trouble).

Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Rick