[ncl-talk] Color names

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 6 09:21:03 MDT 2021

Hi Jonathan,

I don't fully understand what you are trying to do, and why you might need
named colors. So taking a guess here, there is the read_colormap_file()
that you can use to read one of the colormaps show in the gallery link, and
from that you can directly assign the result to cnFillPalette

http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/read_colormap_file.shtml

HTH...
Rick