[ncl-talk] Color names

Buzan, Jonathan jbuzan at purdue.edu
Tue Jul 6 06:54:04 MDT 2021

Hi NCL,

The predefined colormaps are excellent examples of colors.
However, from my experience, the   gsn_define_colormap(wks, colors)  limits the flexibility of NCL.

Whereas, the  res at cnFillPalette has flexibility.

I am attempting to generate a multi paneled plot, and switching the  res at cnFillPalette, but I still want to use the color maps.

Is there a page that has “named colors” of the color maps?
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/named_colors.shtml
This page has example colors, but I find it difficult to reproduce these colormaps:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/color_table_gallery.shtml

Cheers,
-Jonathan