[ncl-talk] Swapped x, y coordinates of shapefile?

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Mon Jan 25 15:53:04 MST 2021

Hi,

Yes, there have been reports of this with NCL v6.6.2 as distributed via
conda (does that describe your circumstances?)  I don't know the root cause
nor am I in a position to investigate. However, as a kludge, you can
certainly swap the shapefile's x/y coordinates in any of a number of ways,
perhaps something like:
     myShpFile = addfile(....)
     theActualXCoord = myShpFile->y   ; Swap X/Y to fix known bug...
     theActualYCoord = myShpFile->x

Hope that helps...
Rick