[ncl-talk] Adding time coordinate

Vanúcia Schumacher vanucia-schumacher at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 12 04:51:02 MST 2021

Using your sugestion:
ntimes = dimsizes(time)
new_data = new((/nlat,mlon,ntimes/),"float")
I got this error:
fatal:NclOneDValGetClosestIndex: Non-monotonic coordinate value being used, can't complete coordinate subscript
fatal:Could not obtain coordinate indexes, unable to perform subscript
fatal:["Execute.c":8640]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 89 in file test.ncl
The line 89:   new_data({lat(i)},{lon(i)},{time(i)}) = new_data({lat(i)},{lon(i)},{time(i)})+(/var(i)/)

Using this:
ntimes = dimsizes(time(1))
new_data = new((/nlat,mlon,ntimes/),"float")
I got this error:
fatal:Coordinate variables must be the same dimension as their dimension
fatal:No coordinate variable exists for dimension (time) in variable (new_data)
fatal:["Execute.c":8637]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 86 in file test.ncl
The line 86: new_data&time     = time

Attached is the script and a test data.
Thanks