[ncl-talk] plotting spatial average of wind vector from wrf output

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Sun Dec 26 17:05:28 MST 2021

I have no idea what *wrf_vector *is doing within the function. That
function was written by WRF developers.
Maybe, you could look

%> less .../.../WRFUserARW.ncl                    search for *wrf_vector*
NCL's *wind_direction *will return meteorological direction

*dir10_avg = wind_direction
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/wind_direction.shtml>(u10_avg,
v10_avg, 1) ; meteorological wind direction*