[ncl-talk] question about the order of an array and the returning location

LIU Chang cliucv at connect.ust.hk
Wed Dec 22 00:57:45 MST 2021

Dear NCL users,

I have a question about the order of an array and the returning location.

I have an x, 1-d array (/25116/). I try to sort them based on ascending or descending order, x1. Then I hope to get the location in x1 of every value in x.

I have tried the qsort. It seemed that changed x directly.

It will be really appreciated if you could give me some suggestions when you are available! Million thanks!!

Best regards,
Chang LIU