[ncl-talk] issue with dash pattern in multi-panel xy2 plot

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Tue Apr 27 02:13:54 MDT 2021

Hi Michele,

it is hard to say what is going wrong without the data. But I would
recommend to create a common resource object which make it easier to
read and handle the resource settings.

For example

   resCom = True
   resCom at gsnDraw           = False
   resCom at gsnFrame          = False

   resCom at vpWidthF          = 0.70
   resCom at vpHeightF         = 0.175

   resCom at xyLineThicknesses = linethick1
   resCom at xyLineColors      = linecolor1
   resCom at xyDashPatterns    = dashpattern1

   res4a = resCom
   res4b = resCom

Put all common resources into resCom and only set in res4a and res4b the
variable resources. You don't need to delete the complete res4a or res4b
object as it is a error prone. It is better to delete only the
unwanted/unneeded resources.

Hope this helps. If not, is it possible to get the data file?

-Karin