[ncl-talk] SSP interpolation

Buzan, Jonathan jbuzan at purdue.edu
Wed Apr 21 23:03:39 MDT 2021

Hi Dennis,

Ah that’s great. I’ll test those out.
I also have found out that cdo has a command that will calculate the area of grid cells.
cdo gridarea infile outfile

Cheers,
-Jonathan

On Apr 21, 2021, at 10:34 PM, Dennis Shea <shea at ucar.edu<mailto:shea at ucar.edu>> wrote:

Hi Jonathan,

It was called to my attention that there are some undocumented 'area_' functions in shea_util.ncl.
I am not sure if any of these would be what you want.

%> less "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl"

Search for:
area_global_rectilinear_grid
area_polar_region
area_earth_region

I guess I was too lazy to document them!
The shea_util.ncl library is automatically loaded.