[ncl-talk] Making new variables in a loop

Barry Lynn barry.h.lynn at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 13:03:39 MDT 2021

Hello:

I define new variables:

  height_gmax  = new(ng_lines,float)   ; Create array to hold marker objects
  height_gmin  = new(ng_lines,float)   ; Create array to hold marker objects

The problem is that the second time around there is an error that their
size has changed.  But, if I add a colon (:) to the definition, I will get
another error.

Is there a way to create a new variable every time step?

Thanks

--
Guest Editor of Special Issue “Extreme Hydroclimatic Events and Prediction”
LINK:

Barry H. Lynn, Ph.D
Senior Associate Scientist, Lecturer,
The Institute of the Earth Science,