[ncl-talk] Animate overlay plot

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 12 10:06:22 MDT 2021

Hi Jonathan,
I am guessing that this is a draw/frame issue. Make sure that when you
create the plot to be overlaid, that gsnDraw/gsnFrame are set to False. A
skinny outline would look like this:

res = True
res at gsnDraw = False
res at gsnFrame = False
plot(0) = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,....,res) ; create ANN correlation plot
plot(1) = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,....,res) ; create DJF correlation plot
plot(2) = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,....,res) ; create JJA correlation plot
cres = True
cres at gsnDraw = False
cres at gsnFrame = False
oplot = gsn_csm_contour(wks,...cres)
overlay(plot(0),oplot) ; note that if you want to add the overlay to each
plot, you will have to create three oplots

panres = True
panres at gsnPanelRowSpec = True
gsn_panel(wks,plot,(/1,2/),panres)

If the above does not help, please include the graphics portion of your
script in your reply.
Adam