[ncl-talk] regrid

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 12 09:54:42 MDT 2021

Hi Fiona,
Yes, assuming you can create x/y arrays that houses the new 100km grid.
There are numerous examples on the ESMF examples page of ESMF_regrid being
used to interpolate from a XXkm grid to other grids, but there do not seem
to be any that show the opposite. Regardless, this can be done. Take a look
at example #20 for an idea of how to do it:
 https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml#ex20
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml#ex20>
Looking at the script, you will need to provide the lat_dst/lon_dst arrays
to ESMF_regrid.
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/ESMF/ESMF_regrid.shtml

<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/ESMF/ESMF_regrid.shtml>
I do not have any experience doing this type of interpolation; if you run
into issues please respond to ncl-talk as others will likely have to assist.
Adam

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 8:54 PM xxq via ncl-talk <ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu>
wrote:

> Regrid
> Dear ncl users,
> I want to regrid the data of lat*lon(0.25°) to dx*dy(100km) at north
> polar as the picture I showed. Is there any function available for my
> question or any possible solution?
>
> Best wishes,
> Fiona

Adam Phillips