[ncl-talk] find values across line

Ehsan Taghizadeh ehsantaghizadeh at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 08:19:26 MDT 2021

Dear NCL users,I hope you are doing great.I would like to know the possibility of find values of variables across a line for road forecast application. For more details, I should say I have WRF data (or any other forecast like GFS, ECMWF, etc.) and also a shapefile of roads. How could I find the forecast values for this shapefile, for example, find the nearest values to the lines (roads)?
I hope I could say my question clearly.Thanks in advance for any help and suggestion.
Sincerely,Ehsan TaghizadehPh.D. of Meteorology, University of Tehran, Iran