[ncl-talk] Questions on Removal of Black Square Box as PanelFigureStrings & tmXB stride Control

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Sep 25 13:02:20 MDT 2020

Hello,
1) See example #5 on the panel applications page:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex5
Set gsnPanelFigureStringsPerimOn = False in your panel resource list.

2) See example #2 in the tick marks applications page:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/tickmarks.shtml#ex2
Note that the tmXBValues settings need to at the very least overlap
with the x input array specified in gsn_csm_xy
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Interfaces/gsn_csm_xy.shtml> for
tickmarks to show up on the plot.

If you have any further questions please respond to ncl-talk.
Adam

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 7:41 AM LSL via ncl-talk <ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu>
wrote:

> Dear NCL Community,
>

> I am wondering 1) how to remove black square box around (a) (b) (c) as
> gsnPanelFigureStrings in two figures;
>
>                                 2) how to add more tmXB labels as 01/01,
> 01/02, 01/03... in figure
> "Timeseries_Site_574940_lat_30.7838_lon_114.208_Tianhe.png".
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> LSL

Adam Phillips