[ncl-talk] matching two files

Ehsan Taghizadeh ehsantaghizadeh at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 12 11:08:28 MDT 2020

Dear NCL-talkI hope you are doing great.My question is about how to match two files based on the same id from one column.
I have two files with different columns and rows. However, each of them has a column including station ids. This column has same ids for two files but not in the same order or the same number. Based on the same ids in this column I want to pass a column, including height, from one file to the other one. I mean I want to pass height of the each station from file2 to file1.May I ask how I could find the correct height from file2 and write for the proper row in file?I want to ask only about the matching part.
I hope I could explain the problem correctly.Any help will be appreciated.
SincerelyEhsan