[ncl-talk] Irregular X axis.

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Thu Jul 30 15:28:38 MDT 2020

Hi Geeta,
Thank you for sending along an easy to run script for all to run. Your
x-axis values as supplied by your Vrf array are not monotonically
increasing; I wonder if that is the cause of the problem here. Based on
some quick testing and the spacing of your data, I think your best course
of action is to actually choose a log axis. Set res at trXAxisType =
"LogAxis", and set res at trXMinF = 100. I have attached the resulting image.

If you do not want to use a log axis, then I recommend sorting your data by
the Vcf array, utilizing the qsort procedure. (You will then also have to
use the indexes of the sorted Vcf array to sort your Crf and Srf arrays.)
Hope that helps!
Adam