[ncl-talk] How to determine the output levels in WRF

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Sat Jul 25 10:23:26 MDT 2020

I think you are asking for the coordinate values.  In both NCL and the
Netcdf data format, each dimension of an array has a "dimension name" and
also a "coordinate variable" associated with that dimension.  So if "u" has
three dimensions, it also has three associated coordinate variables.  In
NCL, you can print the values of each coordinate variable like this:

    print (u&bottom_top)
    print (u&south_north)
    print (u&west_east)

For more information about coordinate variables and named dimensions,
please see the first two sections of this documentation page:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Getting_Started/basics.shtml