[ncl-talk] linint2_point

Ehsan Taghizadeh ehsantaghizadeh at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 17 10:12:02 MDT 2020

Dear NCL group,
I hope you're doing great.I have a general question and I hope I could have your help, as usual.In one paper I wrote "Theinterpolation was done using the bilinear method in NCL (NCAR Command Language)". Actually, I interpolated some grid precipitation products on gauged stations using "linint2_points" from NCL.The referee commented "With how many points?Please discuss also the spatial scale resolution differences in products andinterpolation implications."I wanna reply "As mentioned in the paper, we used NCL in the mostprogramming. NCL has a function named linint2_points which interpolates froma rectilinear grid to an unstructured grid using bilinear interpolation based onthe four closest grid points to a particular (x, y) coordinate pair." However, I don't know how reply to the part of discussing about different spatial resolution. May I ask some help about that, please?
Sincerely,Ehsan TaghizadehPhD student of Meteorology,Institute of Geophysics, University of Tehran, Iran