[ncl-talk] error using kf_filter

Debashis Paul debgeo668 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 10:45:32 MDT 2020

hello folks, I am trying to filter out mjo waves from u wind data by using
the kf_filter, providing the specific wave period and number for mjo wave.
While doing so am getting an error which is :
"*warning:Argument 0 of the current function or procedure was coerced to
the appropriate type and thus will not change if the function or procedure
modifies its value*
*fatal:["NclAtt.c":262]:Attribute assignment type mismatch.*

*fatal:["NclAtt.c":262]:Attribute assignment type mismatch.*

*fatal:["NclAtt.c":262]:Attribute assignment type mismatch.*

*fatal:["NclAtt.c":262]:Attribute assignment type mismatch.*

*fatal:Assignment type mismatch, right hand side can't be coerced to type
of left hand side*
*fatal:["Execute.c":8637]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 114 in
file flt_wv_lan_20.nc <http://flt_wv_lan_20.nc>*l".
I am not able to get where am doing wrong. I am providing the code as an
attachment, if anyone can say me where am doing wrong it will be highly
appreciated.The data I am using is from era-5 and no. of observations is 1
per day.

With regards,
DP
*Debashis Paul*