[ncl-talk] Plot ind_resolve output

Wang, Jiali jialiwang at anl.gov
Sat Dec 12 22:44:40 MST 2020

Dear NCL users,

I am trying to find out the first and last day of precip greater than 0.1inch for all the grid cells over a study area. My data is at daily scale. I use ind_resolve and was able to print out the (time, lat, lon) information for all the grid cells that meet the threshold.

However, I am not sure how to move forward.. basically I’d like to make a map, showing the first (or last) day of 0.1’’ over all the grid cells.

Here is my short script (data is too large to share here). Can anyone please help?

Thanks!
Jiali
a = addfile("rain1995.nc.CA.wy","r")
rain1 = wrf_user_getvar(a,"RAINC",-1)
rain2 = wrf_user_getvar(a,"RAINNC",-1)
rain  = rain1 + rain2
printVarSummary(rain)

a1D      = ndtooned(rain)
dsizes_a = dimsizes(rain)
i  = ind_resolve(ind(a1D.ge.2.54),dsizes_a)