[ncl-talk] plotting country outline with shapefiles

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Wed Dec 9 10:30:01 MST 2020

It would be better to apply debugging techniques to narrow down the
problem, rather than to speculate as to the cause.  Use *addfile* to see if
NCL can read the shapefile.  Use diagnostic print statements to examine the
shapefile structure in memory.  Use *gsn_add_polygon* to see if NCL can
draw a simple outline.

To understand the structure, refer to the shapefile documentation at the
top of the NCL shapefiles example page.  That mentions a special procedure
*print_shapefile_info* which will print additional useful details.  Compare
diagnostic results between your two computers.  Good luck.