[ncl-talk] A general question about coordinate selection

cemilyigit at posteo.de cemilyigit at posteo.de
Mon Dec 7 23:52:49 MST 2020

Hello together,

I'm relatively new to NCL and have a general question about selecting
coordinates.

Currently I read out the temperature for a large region from GFS data or
rahter from GRIB files.

This is easy and works perfectly. In the next step I wanted to read out
the temperature only for a certain country and display it as an xy-plot.

And this is exactly where I got a problem. How can I specify the
coordinates in NCL in a way that my coordinate specification only
considers a certain country.

It would be very nice if I could see this in a code example.

Is it possible to cut the GRIB file to the corresponding coordinates
before?

Thanks a lot.