[ncl-install] Trouble installing ncl using conda

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 14 11:22:18 MST 2019

Hi Mamlu'atur,

It looks like you’re using Windows, and unfortunately we don’t have a native Windows build of NCL available on conda.

Which version of Windows are you running?

If you’re using Windows 10, you can try using the “Windows Subsystem for Linux” to create a Linux environment on your machine and then install NCL using either conda for Linux or a precompiled binary release: http://ncl.ucar.edu/Download/windows_linux_subsystem.shtml <http://ncl.ucar.edu/Download/windows_linux_subsystem.shtml>

If you’re on an older version of Windows, then you’ll probably need to use Cygwin: https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/cygwin.shtml <https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/cygwin.shtml>

I hope this helps,
Kevin