[ncl-install] ncl installation error

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sat Apr 7 15:07:09 MDT 2018

Dear Deepak Kumar Prajapat,

You could try running the Cygwin setup program again to see if it
reconstructs these files.

Otherwise, you can create the .bash_profile file yourself using nano, and
simply add the lines that you need for NCL, which are documented here:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/windows_cygwin.shtml#SetUpEnvironment

You can also try googling for "bash_profile cygwin". Generally, I don't
think the default .bash_profile file has much (if anything) in it, so just
adding the NCARG_ROOT and PATH settings as described in the NCL document
might be enough.

Good luck,

--Mary