[ncl-install] install NCL on MacOS X El Capitan

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 2 10:06:29 MDT 2018

Hi Sara,

I just tried testing the command “ng4ex xy05n -clean -W png” on my Mac using the “conda” build of NCL, but I was unable to recreate the issue (I did get an output .png file).

If you try running “ng4ex xy05n -clean” (without specifying PNG output), does an X11 window with a graph appear?

Also, just to make sure everything is installed correctly via “conda”, could you please run “conda list” with your NCL environment activated and reply with the output?

Thanks,
Kevin