[ncl-install] Error message on installation number 208 and 25

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri May 27 13:28:03 MDT 2016

Hi Cedric,

This is odd, because the error message seems to be indicating that it's
still trying to send the output to an X11 window, even though you included
"-W png".

Can you try this:

ng4ex xy05n -n

and then edit the "xy05n.ncl" file and change:

wks_type = "x11"

to:

wks_type = "png"

then run NCL on it:

ncl xy05n.ncl

If this still gives you the same error, then try changing the "png" to
either "ps" or "pdf".