[ncl-install] undefined reference to `cairo_recording_surface_create'

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Mar 4 08:51:30 MST 2015

​Hi Kip,

If you just need to use ncl, then it's not important that the "cpex08"
program compile successfully. This test is for people who are still using
the NCAR Graphics Fortran or C libraries to do their graphics.

If you need to get the compilation working, then it looks like you have an
older version of the cairo library.​ The NCL V6.2.1 libraries were built
against cairo 1.12.16.  You may need to upgrade your system cairo, or else
build it yourself from source code. You can see the instructions at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/build_from_src.shtml#cairo

Good luck,

--Mary