[ncl-install] gcc version

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Jul 25 14:38:17 MDT 2014

Hi Jeremy,

I didn't anybody respond to this, so I'll give it a stab.

If you have a newer compiler, it should be okay to use an NCL precompiled
binary that was built with a slightly older version of gcc, so the 4.7.2
one should be fine.

If you were talking about the difference between gcc 4.8 and say, 4.2, then
there might be an issue.

--Mary