[ncl-install] NCARG list example error - mpex15

David Brown dbrown at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 15 13:17:39 MDT 2014

Hi Salme,
This particular example uses a feature of the low level mapping library
that is not supported at the NCL level, so unless you are writing Fortran
or C code that interfaces directly to the low level mapping routines, it is
not important to get this example working.
Instead, if you are primarily using NCL, you should try the 'ng4ex'
examples, specifically the NCL versions of these examples, which all have
the suffix 'n'  (e.g. cn01n).

That said, the undefined references you get above do seem to be the result
of a bug in the build environment for the low level mapping code. I cannot
run the example either and I get the same errors you do. We will fix it as
soon as we can.
 -dave