[ncl-install] Error using Linux SUSE

Ahmad Farsyud a.farsyud at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 08:57:59 MDT 2013

Hallo,
I have already installed NCL in my machine open suse Linux.
I got this error when I tried to run a test script:

 *ng4ex gsun01n*

*warning:GKS:GOPWK: --X driver error: DISPLAY environment variable not set
fatal:Workstation with PID#8 is not open
fatal:Unable to open Workstation-Can't Create
fatal:Unable to access object with id:-4
fatal:_NhlCreate:Invalid Parent id #-4
fatal:NhlGetValues:PID #-4 is invalid
fatal:["Execute.c":8128]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 11832 in
file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8126]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 12*

What should I do in this case?

Thanks a lot.
--A