[ncl-install] request 2

fereshteh komijani fereshtehkomijani at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 04:08:03 MDT 2013

hi dear

base on your recommendation i chose setup wit non-OPeNDAP binary. my system
information are: linux fedora 16 i686, gcc 4.6.2 .therefore i chose
ncl_ncarg-6.1.2.Linux_Debian6.0_i686_nodap_gcc445.tar.gz<http://www.earthsystemgrid.org/browse/viewLogicalFile.htm?logicalFileId=4f9a76be-713e-11e2-a114-00c0f03d5b7c>

 for step *ONLY IF NEEDED: Set the DISPLAY environment variable to indicate
where to display graphics*

i did not completely catch it.

1-How can i understand that my system set DISPLAY for me or not?

2-for three commands that you write

export DISPLAY=:0.0

export DISPLAY=128.117.14.12:0

export DISPLAY=localhost:13.0

 would you please give me hand to how set them because i have nor access to
system administrator?

Also with regard that default shell in fedora is bash, i must set them in
.bashrc environment?

3-is that chosen binary correct for my system?

I will be so appreciate to receive your reply like before

thanks in advance

fereshte

--
***Angel***