[ncl-install] Building NCL 6.0 on AIX 5.3 Power6 cluster

George Vandenberghe george.vandenberghe at noaa.gov
Mon Sep 17 11:53:12 MDT 2012

I am trying to build NCL 6.0 on an IBM P6 cluster since I couldn't
find a binary release.   In configure I said no to everything except
GRIB2 and then entered make everything.  THis eventually
failed needing "flex" I downloaded and installed a flex suggested
in the NCL build tips.  The build got further but eventually
needed "lex" to build ictrans.   Lex is not available in AIX.  Where
can I get it so I can continue with the build?

I also downloaded and installed yacc but this did not help.