[NARCCAP-discuss] NARCCAP input data

Seth McGinnis mcginnis at ucar.edu
Thu May 30 16:26:14 MDT 2013

Hi Janel,

My understanding is that, in general, all of the available pressure levels
would be used for the boundary conditions.  The best way to find out how
many that is would be to download the NCEP and GCM data and inspect
it directly.

If the number of levels doesn't match up between RCM and GCM (and
they typically don't), details of how they are interpolated will vary from
 model to model, so if you need more specifics on that front, you'll need
to contact the different modeling groups.  Contact information for the
modelers can be found on the website:

http://www.narccap.ucar.edu/about/participants.html
http://www.narccap.ucar.edu/about/narccap-directory.html

Sorry I don't have more information ready to hand.

Cheers,

--Seth