[NARCCAP-discuss] extremely small precipitation value

Jianhua Huang jh.eco.cas at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 15:58:14 MST 2013

Hi all:

I am using the precipitation (pr) data from rcm3-cgcm3 model. Some values
are very close to zero, for example 3*10^(-23),  and there are even some
negative values (like -3*10^(-21)). Should I treat these values as zero? I
don't know whether this problem is caused by the software I used to process
the data (I am using the ncdf4 package in R). Anybody knows the theoretical
smallest output from the rcm3-cgcm3 model, so that I can treat all values
less than this value as zero?

Thanks

Jianhua