[NARCCAP-discuss] RCM3_ncep hfls

Seth McGinnis mcginnis at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 6 13:35:15 MST 2013

Hi Jonas,

Indeed, there is a problem.  I recall spotting that issue when we first
QC'd the data long ago.  It was identified as an error in
post-processing, and we got some replacement files that were supposed to
have fixed it, but it looks like the problem persisted and snuck past us
somehow. My apologies.

We don't have the resources to keep old copies of the data files, so
unfortunately I can't provide you with one, but it seems like it
probably wouldn't help anyway.

I suggest contacting Mark Snyder (msnyder at pmc.ucsc.edu) to find out more
about the nature of the post-processing error and whether it can be
fixed using the other available data.  If it's just a units error, for
example, it should be easy to fix.  (Let me know what you find out, and
I'll fix or unpublish the files from ESG as appropriate.)

Cheers,

--Seth