[NARCCAP-discuss] Regarding the NARCCAP download to windows machine

Seth McGinnis mcginnis at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 8 15:40:04 MDT 2013

Hi Venkata,

Unfortunately, we don't provide the NetCDF and FAN packages, so I can't
offer help with installation or troubleshooting them.  Unidata (the developer
of NetCDF) has a website that includes a long list of user-contributed
software, which is where I found FAN, here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/Contrib.html

I can tell you with certainty that there are netcdf libraries for the
programming
languages Python and R that work under 64-bit Windows 7.  If you're comfortable

writing code, that may be your best route.

The data viewer program Panoply, from NASA GISS, also works on Windows 7,
and has the option to export data in other formats, including plain text.

http://www.giss.nasa.gov/tools/panoply/

Cheers,

--Seth