[mpas-developers] plans for parallel i/o?

Michael Duda duda at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 10 10:19:39 MST 2011

Hi, Mark.

I've been experimenting with the PIO library that is used in CESM, and I
think a first-cut implementation should be pretty straightforward; the
biggest issue may be how we make the transition to PIO in the trunk.
After we commit our non-hydrostatic code to the trunk (hopefully later
today!), I'm planning to refresh the 'pio' branch that I created a
couple of weeks ago; if all goes well, that branch should have
functional parallel I/O by early next week, at which time we can begin
to use it in a testing mode.

Cheers,
Michael