[Met_help] [RAL-IT #109021] History for MET error when loading netCDF file

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 31 08:32:41 MDT 2023

Hello MET Help Desk,

I hope this email finds you well. I am attempting to load in a netCDF file into plot_data_plane just to see if I can generate an output image. However, when I try to run plot_data_plane with that netCDF file, the following error is displayed:

ERROR  : MetNcFile::data(NcVar *, const LongArray &, DataPlane &) const -> star found in bad slot

It has been quite a while since I’ve used MET and am not too sure what this error means, so I was looking for more of an explanation to this and if you have any ideas on how I can get around this error. Any help is greatly appreciated and feel free to let me know of any questions you may have.

Thanks,

-Brian
Brian Matilla
Research Associate II — Warn-on-Forecast Team
Cooperative Institute for Severe and High-Impact Weather Research and Operations (CIWRO)
The University of Oklahoma
NOAA National Severe Storms Laboratory