[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #99872] History for pcp_combine

George McCabe via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed May 12 14:36:57 MDT 2021

I am wondering how to change the default "valid_time" when using
pcp_combine? I tried to add -valid_time as below, but it doesn't work:

$ pcp_combine -derive mean  input*.nc  -field 'name="ash_mass_loading";
level="(*,*)";' -name "ash_mass_loading" -valid_time "20201021_000000" out
.nc

It seems by default the valid time in the mean file is the same as the one
from the last file in the file list, but can we just change that as we did
for changing the variable name (like -name)?

Thank you

Binyu