[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #98751] History for Verifying OFCL track data using TC-PAIRS

Minna Win via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 2 09:00:30 MST 2021

Good afternoon,

I've been attempting to include the official National Hurricane Center track and intensity forecasts with my list of a-deck models when I run the TC-PAIRS tool. However, the official forecast data don't appear in the resultant track-pair output. I'm wondering if it's just a matter of naming convention? I list it as OFCL, as it appears in the a-deck, but perhaps a different string is required. I had a similar problem last summer, where I was unwittingly using AVNO instead of GFSO.

Please let me know if you need some more specific information from me.

Thank you,
Willy Sedlacek