[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #100099] History for some issues with processing inline netcdf files directly

Minna Win via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Jun 10 15:50:50 MDT 2021

Good evening,

As we transition toward RRFS-CMAQ we will be dealing with a different set
of data files for when processing statistics for verification.  In the past
I have created netcdf files to work around issues related to data files not
being compliant with MET standards.  It appears that I have run into this
issue again based on what the log file indicates:

*DEBUG 4: Met2dDataFileFactory::new_met_2d_data_file() -> created new
Met2dDataFile object of type "FileType_None".ERROR  :ERROR  : Trouble
reading forecast file
"/gpfs/dell2/emc/retros/noscrub/Jianping.Huang/data/RRFSCMAQ/r112_v1/2019081912/o3_sfc012.nc
<http://o3_sfc012.nc>"ERROR  :*
06/03 21:42:55.826 metplus.PointStat (command_runner.py:190) DEBUG:
Finished running point_stat in 0:00:00.405150

You can see the directory path for the example above.  Does anyone have any
recommendations on what would need to be done when constructing files that
can be used directory rather than relying on a separate routine to create
netcdf files that are compliant with MET?  I'm cc'ing Jianping since he
runs the inline system.  I would first like to confirm that this is indeed
the issue; but, I would also like to get a little bit more information on
what would need to be done to create a netcdf file that complies with MET
in order to avoid this issue in the future.  Thanks.

Edward Strobach
EMC/NCEP/NWS/ IMSG
Coding Logic (if/then/else)